Saturday, April 24, 2010

News and stuff

Okay, another week, another blog. I’m going to try to make these posts a little more regular, but don’t count on it!

We’ve been blessed with a little sunshine this week, so I’ve been out on the garden doing a little reading. At the moment, I’m dipping into Johnny Mains’ BACK FROM THE DEAD: The Legacy of the Pan Book of Horror Stories. Anyone old enough to remember the Pan series of books will know that they were the cornerstone of horror up until the late 80s. Mr Mains is single handedly carrying the torch for this series and in this limited edition collection, he’s gathered a host of new scares from a plethora of the original Pan authors: http://www.nooseandgibbetpublishing.com/ This morning, I was reading it in the Play Barn, surrounded by screaming children. Now that’s true horror.

On news of The Kult, the director, Kip Shelton has started a journal about the film. Check it out here: http://gharialproductions.com/the-kult-directors-journal/ Also, casting starts next month. For any actors out there interested in the film, which will be shooting in Late September, they are looking for 5 males in their 30s, 2 females in their 30s and 1 female between 20 and 40. Auditions will be held on May 16th and May 23rd, 2010 in Temecula, California. Those wishing to audition should contact the director, Kip Shelton at kip@kipshelton.com for information.

Well Deadfall is now shipping from various locations, and I'm hearing reports that people are receiving copies. I’m hoping to see some reviews of Deadfall start cropping up soon, and I’ve got my fingers crossed that people like it. There are also some giveaways for both Deadfall and The Kult on http://www.goodreads.com/

On the writing front, progress on the latest Prosper Snow novel has slowed as I’ve put him in a situation that’s hard to find a way out of. But I’m sure he’ll get out of it eventually. At least I hope he does, anyway.

No comments: