Sunday, December 19, 2010

Thank you

Well another year’s almost over and as with any year there have been highs and lows. Personal highs have been the filming of my novel The Kult, and my trip over to the States to see some of it being shot (thanks to everyone involved who made me feel so welcome. Just sorry I had to kill some of you off). Then there’s been the publication of my novel, Deadfall, my appearance in Cemetery Dance and my new publishing deal with Dark Regions Press.

So what’s next? Well my next Prosper Snow novel is finished bar a couple of edits, and I’m working on a new novel that I believe has an interesting premise, but I don’t want to talk about it, as doing so will dilute some of the enthusiasm I have for it. When I start writing something, it feels somewhat magical, but if I start telling people what the story is about I end up losing my motivation to write it.

Now I would like to say a massive thank you to everyone who has supported me, either by reading and commenting on my work or by purchasing something I’ve had published (I only hope that those who did purchase something didn’t feel as though you’d wasted your money).

I still have ambitions and lots that I want to achieve, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed. And remember, dreams are like stars. They seem so far away, but just sometimes, we reach them. Don’t ever stop dreaming. And I hope 2011 is magical for each and every one of you.

2 comments:

Lee Thompson/Thomas Morgan/James Logan/Julian Vaughn said...

So glad to see you succeeding, Shaun! Can't wait to see the movie and to read the next Prosper Snow novel! I need to pick up that issue of CD with your story in it too! 2011 will be even better for you. Have faith in yourself!

Shaun said...

Cheers, Lee. And I hope you have a great New Year too:)