Sunday, February 13, 2011

Taekwondo, Dead Man's Eye, concentration and a guest blog

Well my son and I took our latest Taekwondo grading yesterday, for our red stripe belt. Won't know how we did until next Friday, but I think it went well, apart from the aches and sprains I have this morning. I was sweating buckets during the sparring, but as I was the oldest person grading, I have an excuse.















It's great to see that people have been purchasing a copy of my novella, Dead Man's Eye via Amazon. On Amazon.co.uk it even managed to give me a nose bleed when it reached number 10 in the Kindle horror charts, so thanks to everyone who bought a copy. I really appreciate it. By the way, the price on Amazon.com is now only $0.99 (£0.70 on Amazon.co.uk):

Amazon.co.uk
Amazon.com

On the writing front I've been making progress with my latest novel, even though there are a few sticky patches (and no, that's not a sexual innuendo). One problem I have is concentration, as I'm easily distracted by wanting to surf the net, check emails etc, so something that's helped in this respect is a free app called Focus Booster, which is basically just a countdown clock that you have to work to: http://www.focusboosterapp.com/

And lastly, for anyone interested I have a guest post up at the following blog. Hope you check it out: http://darlynandbooks.blogspot.com/2011/02/guest-post-author-shaun-jeffrey.html

4 comments:

Anthony Rapino said...

Good luck with the belts, sure you both did great. I can't wait to sink my teeth into Dead Man's Eye.

Shaun said...

Cheers, Anthony :)

Unknown said...

I'll be getting to reading Dead Man's Eye pretty soon myself. I want to be sure to give you a good and helpful review on it when I do, just out of respect, really.

I'm easily distracted, too. Thanks for posting that app--I'm going to try it tomorrow, and hopefully it'll help us both!

Shaun said...

Hope you enjoy Dead Man's Eye, Phil. Any comments, good or bad are always welcome.

And yes, in this day and age there are plenty of distracions. I found the app works for me. Hope it does for you too :)