Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Evilution cover. Please help me choose.

I hope to be releasing Evilution, the first novel I had published, as an ebook in the not too distant future, and I've been playing around with some covers, so as I did with Dead Man's Eye, I'd like to ask which cover people like the most - which cover would make you pick the book up in the first place?

The story is as follows:

Humankind is about to change ...

Shrouded by fog for nearly two years, the picturesque village of Paradise harbours more than its share of secrets. Having won a cottage in a competition she can’t remember entering, Chase Black moves to Paradise, only to discover that its beauty is skin deep – murder and madness fester in its shadows. When her travelling companion, Jane mysteriously disappears, she starts asking questions. Why are the villagers behaving so oddly? Who are the strange figures she sees lurking in the fog? As Chase becomes afraid that something terrible has happened, events escalate dangerously out of control. A virtual prisoner; too late she discovers the real reason she’s there ...


Cover 1



















Cover 2



















Cover 3



















Cover 4

12 comments:

Shells W said...

Cover 4 is striking and makes me want to read it.

Mark West said...

I agree with Shells, 4 is the most striking, but otherwise the 2nd. The 3rd makes me think of a murder mystery, for some reason and 1 feels close to a Dan Brown type affair.

Unknown said...

Sorry, all 4 are awfull, sorry(

Anthony Rapino said...

I like cover #4 for the creepy factor.

Unknown said...

I think the first three have a more mass market appeal, and may get you a wider audience. While cover 4 is the most striking, it does feel more like a zombie novel, and for me personally, I'm sick of teh zombirs

Shaun said...

Thanks for the responses. So far, coupled with other messages I've received, it's between 1 and 4. I think cover 1 might attract a wider audience as it might have more appeal to the average reader. And sorry to hear you don't like any of them, Константин.

Beverley said...

Trust me to be different, I like covers 1 and 3.

Nicolette said...

Cover 4 made me think of that "Are you my mummy?" episode of Dr Who.

Shaun said...

Thanks for the comments. After a couple of comments in other places, I've added a drip of blood to the strand of DNA in cover 1.

Author Scott Nicholson said...

I like #4

Scott

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

"Shrouded by fog for nearly two years, the picturesque village of Paradise"

It has to be #3 it just sets the scene perfectly ;)